Thursday, December 25, 2008

FW: recommended reading

From: joe sterns [mailto:jsterns@hotmail.com]

 

My wife bought me "Reagan's Victory" (by Andrew Busch). It focuses solely on the 1980 presidential election, both the D and R primaries as well as the general.
 
I had never heard of this book til today, and I devoured it while the children played with their new toys (it's short, roughly 200 pages, and to a conservative political junkie it reads like a dramatic thriller).  An important read, and a critical follow up to Craig Shirley's book "Reagan's Revolution" about the Gipper's 1976 primary with Ford.  Sidenote: I learned from the book that David Keene was a top advisor to George H.W. Bush in the 1980 primary. Some of you know my thoughts on Mr. Keene, and this book confirmed them. Nuff said.  
 
Anyway, Merry Christmas and Chanukah, Happy Holidays, and happy reading :)
 
For the cause,
joe

No comments: